doce, bala, bombom, açúcar-candeconfeitar, revestir da açúcar, cristalizar
Noun(1) a rich sweet made of flavored sugar and often combined with fruit or nuts
Verb(1) coat with something sweet, such as a hard sugar glaze
(1) making candy at home is not difficult├ö├ç├Âthe key is cooking the syrup to the right temperature(2) Simple sugars such as candy and sodas will give you a quick energy high and then drop you flat in mood and strength.(3) But most cereals are full of sugar and flavored like candy , cookies or doughnuts.(4) It's much like candy in that respect, it's shiny and tasty, but not really filling.(5) Unlike refined sugars found in candy and desserts, these simple sugars bring energy in a nutritious way.(6) Although the history of pulled sugar and pulled candy goes back to the Middle Ages, rock with letters in it is probably a recent invention.(7) Chew sugarless gum, suck on sugarless candy , and drink plenty of unsweetened fluids.(8) I stocked up on some sugar free candy for the train trip, and strolled back.(9) a candy bar(10) First prize was a large piece of maple-sugar candy with walnuts.(11) Generally, these fruits are candied , but they may also be eaten fresh.(12) I had half a mind to make some kind of winter squash soup, and was toying with the idea of adding candied orange peel to make it more interesting.(13) Jetta was helping herself to some candied fruits and a summer salad.(14) Children and adults wearing braces have to be aware of candies with caramel and nuts.(15) Cardamom seeds and candied citron may be difficult to find; try the local health food store.(16) I pass the video games and unattended snack bar, noting that there are candies on display.
(1) candy shop :: loja de doces
(2) candy store :: loja de doces
(3) cotton candy :: algodão doce
(4) hard candy :: doce duro
(5) candy cane :: bastão de doces
(6) candy bar :: Barra de chocolate
(7) eye candy :: colírio para os olhos
(8) candy corn :: milho doce
(9) sugar candy :: Doce açucarado
1. bonbon ::
2. confectionery ::
3. sweet ::
4. glaze ::
5. sugarcoat ::
candies, candor, candy, candying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The fellas used to line up
and bring me boxes of CANDY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 21
You know, I have to say,
based on the CANDY wrappers
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 8
Even if you had yummy CANDY,
I would not get in your van.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
No, if I buy those, I just
go through them like CANDY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
More Halloween CANDY?
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 7
English to Portuguese Dictionary: candy
Meaning and definitions of candy, translation in Portuguese
language for candy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of candy in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'candy'
What candy means in Portuguese, candy meaning
in Portuguese, candy
definition, examples and pronunciation
of candy in Portuguese language.