respirar, inspirar, inalar, insuflar, aspirar, tomar fôlego, exalar, viver, descansar, cheirar, esbaforir
Verb(1) draw air into, and expel out of, the lungs(2) be alive(3) impart as if by breathing(4) allow the passage of air through(5) utter or tell(6) manifest or evince(7) take a short break from one's activities in order to relax(8) reach full flavor by absorbing air and being let to stand after having been uncorked(9) expel (gases or odors
(1) All the rain we've had means that the worms can't breathe .(2) I had to breathe in deeply, to try and gather my thoughts.(3) The room seemed to breathe the air of a different era.(4) Decanting the wine also introduces air into the wine - letting the wine breathe .(5) letting a wine breathe allows oxygen to enter(6) breathe in through your nose(7) Put your lips over the mouthpiece and breathe in deeply and quickly.(8) She holds the client steady and asks him to breathe in deeply.(9) The soft tissues in the upper airway vibrate when you breathe in and out.(10) Such wines should be left to breathe for a short time before serving simply to allow any bottle sickness to dissipate.(11) plants breathe through their roots(12) When we breathe in, the lungs take in oxygen, which our cells need to live and carry out their normal functions.(13) Through the air process or through inhalation, you actually don't breathe in all that much mercury.(14) Plastic is no good for the soil because soil needs to breathe .(15) This helps the fish breathe and keeps the water from smelling rotten.(16) Close your eyes and breathe in very deeply, concentrate on the days pleasant happenings.
(1) to breathe :: respirar
(2) breathe in :: respirar
(3) breathe deeply :: respire fundo
(4) breathe out :: expire
(5) breathe again :: respirar novamente
(6) cannot breathe :: não consigo respirar
(7) breathe into :: respirar em
(8) breathe heavily :: respirar profundamente
(9) breathe a sigh :: um suspiro
1. inhale and exhale ::
inspire e expire
2. be alive ::
3. instill ::
4. whisper ::
5. emit ::
6. rest ::
7. suspire ::
1. depart ::
2. die ::
3. expire ::
4. perish ::
5. succumb ::
breathe, breathed, breathes, breathing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and just trust--
Really? Really? Try to BREATHE?
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 14
I can't BREATHE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 5
-I can't BREATHE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 4
Tell me why Bran and Rickon should be gone
while you still BREATHE the air.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 8
Okay, I can BREATHE again.
Babe, they want to have sex.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
English to Portuguese Dictionary: breathe
Meaning and definitions of breathe, translation in Portuguese
language for breathe with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of breathe in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'breathe'
What breathe means in Portuguese, breathe meaning
in Portuguese, breathe
definition, examples and pronunciation
of breathe in Portuguese language.