respiração, fôlego, alento, hálito, sopro, bafo, exalação, instante, murmúrio, pausa, fragrância, sussuro
Noun(1) the process of taking in and expelling air during breathing(2) the air that is inhaled and exhaled in respiration(3) a short respite(4) an indirect suggestion(5) a slight movement of the air
(1) This knocked the breath from her lungs so violently she felt as though she would pass out.(2) The force of the child's inhaled breath delivers the aerosolized powder into the lungs.(3) She took a few moments to gather enough breath to get anything audible out.(4) Arms flailing, he crashed to the floor, his breath blasted from his lungs.(5) Zander gasped for breath , his lungs burning for it, as Charlie landed another punch in his stomach.(6) The remote fell out of my hand and breath rushed from my lungs.(7) I could feel the goosebumps upon my skin, the breath caught in my lungs in the presence of the devil before me.(8) There has been not a breath of public criticism for this.(9) Gasping for breath at the top, I went into the bedroom and found that my respiration rate matched that of the patient.(10) Yes, for an afternoon or two, a breath of wind passed through the university.(11) Clearly, flow limitation can occur throughout expiration or only over a portion of the expiratory breath .(12) She hastened her steps, for the wind was a breath of chilling air and she was anxious to get home and off of her tired feet.(13) The sun was pouring down, with hardly a breath of wind.(14) He can also be horrible only a breath later.(15) she drew in a quick breath(16) Coy admissions of a relationship between the parties lent a breath of intrigue to the otherwise sedate election campaign.
(1) take a breath :: respire
(2) deep breath :: respiração profunda
(3) out of breath :: fora do ar
(4) bad breath :: mal hálito
(5) take a deep breath :: respire fundo
(6) breath away :: tirar o fôlego
(7) last breath :: último suspiro
(8) shortness of breath :: falta de ar
(9) short of breath :: falta de ar
(10) breath out :: respiração
1. inhalation ::
2. puff ::
3. hint ::
4. life ::
5. breathing space ::
espaço para respirar
breath, breathable, breather, breathers, breathless, breaths, breathy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The cold BREATH of winter
will freeze the seas...
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 1
Then why do I smell coffee
on your BREATH?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 23
he's no slouch at holding his BREATH.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 16
(Sheldon and Kripke
gasping loudly for BREATH)
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
We all need to just take
a deep BREATH and calm down
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 12
English to Portuguese Dictionary: breath
Meaning and definitions of breath, translation in Portuguese
language for breath with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of breath in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'breath'
What breath means in Portuguese, breath meaning
in Portuguese, breath
definition, examples and pronunciation
of breath in Portuguese language.