bloquear, obstruir, impedir, atravancar, opor, paralisar, delinear, moldarbloco, quadra, bloqueio, quarteirão, bloco de pedra, clichê, pedaço de rocha, viga de madeira, caixa de engraxate, cepo de madeira, forma para chapéus, pessoa dura e impassível
Noun(1) a solid piece of something (usually having flat rectangular sides(2) a rectangular area in a city surrounded by streets and usually containing several buildings(3) a three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides(4) a number or quantity of related things dealt with as a unit(5) housing in a large building that is divided into separate units(6) (computer science(7) an inability to remember or think of something you normally can do; often caused by emotional tension(8) a simple machine consisting of a wheel with a groove in which a rope can run to change the direction or point of application of a force applied to the rope(9) a metal casting containing the cylinders and cooling ducts of an engine(10) an obstruction in a pipe or tube(11) a platform from which an auctioneer sells(12) the act of obstructing or deflecting someone's movements
Verb(1) render unsuitable for passage(2) hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of(3) stop from happening or developing(4) interfere with or prevent the reception of signals(5) run on a block system(6) interrupt the normal function of by means of anesthesia(7) shut out from view or get in the way so as to hide from sight(8) stamp or emboss a title or design on a book with a block(9) obstruct(10) block passage through(11) support, secure, or raise with a block(12) impede the movement of (an opponent or a ball(13) be unable to remember(14) shape by using a block(15) shape into a block or blocks(16) prohibit the conversion or use of (assets
(1) if you want to make good watercolor sketches, pick up a block <(em> of watercolor paper in some portable size.(2) Knight did well to block Soloman's shot(3) Black threes can be discarded, and block the next player from taking the pile.(4) a cell block(5) a block of marble(6) On the block where I lived, I remember seeing a young woman hunched over in pain, weeping hysterically.(7) it will act as a block on privatisation(8) block up the holes with sticky tape(9) Whether you opt for a single flat or whole block , though, choosing where to buy can require some careful research.(10) ├ö├ç├┐The parked cars block the road and leave nowhere for anyone to pull in,├ö├ç├û he said.(11) It is unfashionable to say so, but there is something powerfully evocative about this block of stone.(12) an emotional block(13) the government tried to block an agreement on farm subsidies(14) Local anesthetic agents block pain transmission by interfering with nerve cell depolarization of peripheral pain fibers.(15) A beautiful new block of four U.S. stamps pays tribute to an amazing founding father in his roles as Statesman, Scientist, Printer and Postmaster.(16) The ink of the fixing agent is subsequently overprinted on the above block of colour in the required image.
(1) block of flats :: blocos de apartamento
(2) building block :: bloco de construção
(3) block out :: bloquear
(4) stumbling block :: pedra no caminho
(5) block letter :: carta bloco
(6) block diagram :: diagrama de bloco
(7) sun block :: protetor solar
(8) city block :: quarteirão
(9) block party :: partido do bloco
(10) block letters :: letras maiúsculas
1. chunk ::
2. building ::
3. batch ::
4. obstacle ::
5. blockage ::
6. city block ::
7. mental block ::
8. cube ::
10. pulley block ::
bloco de polia
11. cylinder block ::
bloco de cilindros
13. hinder ::
14. stop ::
15. blank out ::
fora em branco
16. jam ::
17. obstruct ::
18. deflect ::
19. immobilize ::
20. block off ::
21. halt ::
22. choke up ::
block, blocked, blocker, blockers, blocking, blocks, unblock, unblocked, unblocking, unblocks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
And he died
on the executioner's BLOCK.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
That smoke will BLOCK only our sight.
Take it away. Come on, Moscow!
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
l live on the 4900 BLOCK
of Doswell Place
and l want to report
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 9
Just around the BLOCK.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
while they dragged Father
to the BLOCK.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
English to Portuguese Dictionary: block
Meaning and definitions of block, translation in Portuguese
language for block with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of block in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'block'
What block means in Portuguese, block meaning
in Portuguese, block
definition, examples and pronunciation
of block in Portuguese language.