bola, esfera, baile, novelo, balão, projétilaglomerar, embaralhar, pôr em novelos
Noun(1) round object that is hit or thrown or kicked in games(2) a solid projectile that is shot by a musket(3) an object with a spherical shape(4) the people assembled at a lavish formal dance(5) one of the two male reproductive glands that produce spermatozoa and secrete androgens(6) a spherical object used as a plaything(7) United States comedienne best known as the star of a popular television program (1911-1989(8) a compact mass(9) a lavish dance requiring formal attire(10) a more or less rounded anatomical body or mass(11) a ball game played with a bat and ball between two teams of nine players; teams take turns at bat trying to score runs(12) a pitch that is not in the strike zone
Verb(1) form into a ball by winding or rolling
(1) he ignored it completely, and the umpire called it a ball(2) He watched as his mother emerged from her room, dressed in her ball gown and sparkling in rubies.(3) the fishing nets eventually ball up and sink(4) Coaches end up teaching the teens how to kick a soccer ball , leap hurdles or swing a bat.(5) a ball gown(6) In fact, disputes among tribes in the region were sometimes settled by a game of ball .(7) Armed with a long ash sapling, a ball of cord, a baited hook, a box of worms and a cork I arrived on schedule.(8) he crushed the card into a ball(9) Can you imagine├ö├ç┬¬ it must be about twenty five years that I haven't held a cricket ball .(10) young men would graduate from college and enter pro ball(11) It was long and gauzy; it felt like something that should be worn to a masquerade ball , or a prom.(12) It's all a load of ball s, isn't it?(13) Whelan sent a long ball to Goddard(14) The big ball of black smoke rising into the sky are pretty definite signs something has gone wrong.(15) I really thought my days of pro ball would end and I'd be on the first train back East the next morning.(16) Suddenly there was a ball of flame and the flash lit up the kitchen area.
(1) soccer ball :: bola de futebol
(2) bowling ball :: bola de boliche
(3) play ball :: jogar bola
(4) ball bearing :: rolamento de esfera
(5) wrecking ball :: bola de Demolição
(6) pass the ball :: passe a bola
(7) golf ball :: bola de golfe
(8) ball of yarn :: novelo de lã
(9) kick the ball :: chute a bola
(10) through ball :: desmarcação
1. sphere ::
2. bullet ::
3. dance ::
5. orb ::
6. glob ::
7. formal ::
8. ballock ::
ball, ballard, balled, balling, balls, ballsed, ballses, ballsing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Little girls in BALL gowns
trip, it happens.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
But you can still be the BALL queen.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
Ball came in my direction,
batter wouldn't even bother running.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
Throw the damn BALL!
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 3
♪ Little BALL of fur
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
English to Portuguese Dictionary: ball
Meaning and definitions of ball, translation in Portuguese
language for ball with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ball in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'ball'
What ball means in Portuguese, ball meaning
in Portuguese, ball
definition, examples and pronunciation
of ball in Portuguese language.