assistir, atender, escutar, comparecer, freqüentar, cuidar, tratar, prestar atenção, observar, aviar
Verb(1) be present at (meetings, church services, university(2) take charge of or deal with(3) to accompany as a circumstance or follow as a result(4) work for or be a servant to(5) give heed (to
(1) He also has a strong distrust of organised religion, and does not regularly attend church.(2) the severely wounded had two medics to attend to their wounds(3) Children between the ages of five and fifteen are required by law to attend school.(4) As it happened, Einstein was unable to attend the ceremony in Stockholm.(5) she was unable to attend the wedding(6) All interested adults, parents and young people are invited to attend this meeting.(7) All former players and their partners are invited to attend the event, which will feature live music.(8) All those listed as prizewinners are asked to attend the presentation ceremony.(9) On the day we returned to work, we were all forced to attend meetings.(10) he muttered that he had business to attend to(11) Prince Andrew has been invited to attend the ceremony and there will also be a surprise celebrity guest.(12) People are invited to attend a meeting at the town hall on November 10 at 7.30 to discuss the issue.(13) her family were not invited to attend(14) People do not attend chapel and church as much as they used to, so the traditions are slowly dying out.(15) However, on my road to recovery I was required to attend private hospital day clinic.(16) Mr Jones was unable to attend the meeting of creditors as he is in hospital undergoing tests and awaiting heart surgery.
(1) attend to :: atender
(2) attend school :: frequentar a escola
(3) attend class :: ir à aula
(4) attend a meeting :: participar de uma reunião
(5) to attend to :: para atender a
(6) attend a lecture :: assistir a uma palestra
(7) attend upon :: participar em cima
(8) attend mass :: assistir à missa
(9) attend on :: participar em
(10) attend a ceremony :: assistir a uma cerimônia
1. be present at ::
estar presente em
2. pay attention to ::
prestar atenção em
3. care for ::
4. deal with ::
5. escort ::
6. be accompanied by ::
ser acompanhado por
7. serve ::
8. go to ::
9. see ::
10. hang ::
1. ignore ::
attend, attended, attendee, attendees, attender, attenders, attending, attends
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...to ATTEND a conference and see the
CERN Super Collider on February 14th?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
We have other business
to ATTEND to.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 7
that I need to ATTEND to.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
He begs you ATTEND
to this carefully, Your Grace.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
English to Portuguese Dictionary: attend
Meaning and definitions of attend, translation in Portuguese
language for attend with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of attend in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'attend'
What attend means in Portuguese, attend meaning
in Portuguese, attend
definition, examples and pronunciation
of attend in Portuguese language.