braço, arma, armamento, alavanca, manga, ramificação, ramal, galho, autoridade, escudo, ramo de árvore, tropaarmar, fortalecer, proteger, armar-se
Noun(1) a human limb; technically the part of the superior limb between the shoulder and the elbow but commonly used to refer to the whole superior limb(2) any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm(3) any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting(4) the part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person(5) a division of some larger or more complex organization(6) the part of a garment that is attached at the armhole and that provides a cloth covering for the arm
Verb(1) prepare oneself for a military confrontation(2) supply with arms
(1) Shoving one hand into his pocket, he rested his free palm against the arm of his chair and slowly stood up.(2) Just arm yourself with a reliable stopwatch, sit and enjoy a cup of coffee in one of those shops, and count the number of cups of coffee that are sold in an hour.(3) The completed machine could roam around and had a fully functional arm .(4) The superintendent called me into his office, perching intimately on the arm of my chair.(5) Maybe he'll use his explosive arm to throw out a runner and save a victory, as he did the second week.(6) A small scar extended over half of his wrist and other cuts and scrapes covered his upper arm and elbow.(7) If you do decide to buy one, go for a model that takes a measurement from your upper arm rather than your wrist or finger.(8) Roy scoffed and shook his head quietly as he signaled Steve to arm the weapons.(9) The shaft drive is hidden in the aluminium alloy swing arm .(10) he wasn't the best arm in the outfield, but his performance at the plate more than compensated(11) She had seated herself casually on the arm of a chair as if to promote her lack of intent to impinge.(12) a lake which was really an arm of the sea(13) A comparison with league average allows me to rate the outfielder's arm .(14) Cora shook her head and rested her chin on a hand as her elbow rested on the arm of the easy chair.(15) She winced, a large purple and tender bruise had enveloped her elbow and arm .(16) He might have the best arm in the organization and can hit for power and average.
(1) upper arm :: braço
(2) right arm :: braço direito
(3) arm wrestling :: queda de braço
(4) arm in arm :: braços dados
(5) rocker arm :: balancim
(6) long arm :: braço longo
(7) control arm :: braço de controle
(8) lower arm :: antebraço
(9) lever arm :: braço de alavanca
1. inlet ::
2. branch ::
3. reach ::
4. limb ::
5. weapon ::
6. sleeve ::
7. equip ::
arm, armed, armful, armfuls, arming
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
These ARM rings
bind you in loyalty to me, your lord, your chieftain.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
Robot Arm Wolowitz.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 24
...ARM your photon torpedoes every night.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 24
How's your ARM?
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
And then she touched my ARM
for two Mississippis. Like, you know...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 7
English to Portuguese Dictionary: arm
Meaning and definitions of arm, translation in Portuguese
language for arm with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of arm in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'arm'
What arm means in Portuguese, arm meaning
in Portuguese, arm
definition, examples and pronunciation
of arm in Portuguese language.