qualquer, quaisquer, nenhum, nenhuma, todo, cadaalguma, algum, qualquer um, qualquer umade algum modo, de qualquer modo
Adjective(1) one or some or every or all without specification
Adverb(1) to any degree or extent
(1) they hardly ate any food(2) the illness may be due to any of several causes(3) I don't think any good can come from filing a lawsuit against the jury.(4) This, however, didn't make her feel any the better.(5) they don't want any more trouble(6) We have not commented here on any of the other matters covered in the Griffiths report.(7) someone asked him for a match, but Joe didn't have any(8) Mostly though he breaks up the sentences so any fool would know to read them.(9) she couldn't run any faster(10) At the end of the year, more prefects were chosen from my class than from any other.(11) I find Europe so fascinating that I'd be quite happy if I never went any further again.(12) Officers have made more arrests for class A offences than any other county division.(13) I didn't hurt you any(14) None of these people has shown us or referred us to any specific documents in support of the information.(15) Math always came easy to me, so I really don't ever have to pay attention in any math class.(16) no one would be any the wiser
(1) any time :: a qualquer momento
(2) in any case :: em qualquer caso
(3) any more :: não mais
(4) at any time :: a qualquer momento
(5) if any :: caso existam
(6) any longer :: não mais
(7) any news :: alguma novidade
(8) at any rate :: a qualquer custo
(9) any other :: qualquer outro
(10) any way :: de qualquer forma
1. at all ::
2. a single one ::
3. anyone ::
4. some ::
5. the slightest bit of ::
6. whichever ::
seja qual for
7. whatsoever ::
anent, ans, any, anywise
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Is there ANY scenario
where we're not in full-body paint?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 17
Apparently ANY man
is welcome in this house.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 18
...a farmer's cheese that would cause
Leonard to render ANY room...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 21
We watch our backs,
we don't throw him ANY bones.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
Guest right don't mean much ANY more.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
English to Portuguese Dictionary: any
Meaning and definitions of any, translation in Portuguese
language for any with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of any in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'any'
What any means in Portuguese, any meaning
in Portuguese, any
definition, examples and pronunciation
of any in Portuguese language.