atuação, representação, ação, desempenho, realização, execução, funcionamento, arte dramática, substituiçãointerino, em exercício, ativo, substituto, representável, encenável
Noun(1) the performance of a part or role in a drama
Verb(1) perform an action, or work out or perform (an action(2) behave in a certain manner; show a certain behavior; conduct or comport oneself(3) play a role or part(4) discharge one's duties(5) pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind(6) be suitable for theatrical performance(7) have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected(8) be engaged in an activity, often for no particular purpose other than pleasure(9) behave unnaturally or affectedly(10) perform on a stage or theater
Adjective(1) serving temporarily especially as a substitute
(1) The acting director spoke out as officials from the Department of Health began to study the report of Lord Laming's public inquiry into the death of Victoria Climbie.(2) The writer is the acting director for UN economic development and environmental affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.(3) It was his duty as acting sheriff until his brother was back to protect her.(4) But Flanagan already has a new team lined up, with George Watt, Hughes's second in command, installed as acting finance director.(5) Saint came from the school of acting where motivation for action was crucial to understanding your character.(6) We talked a lot about Fifties-style acting , especially Montgomery Clift.(7) Upon my second viewing, I discovered a sweet film with exceptional acting .(8) A temporary manager may be brought in to run the City of York Council's education department after the departure of acting director Chris Edwards.(9) Chief executive David Atkinson and acting assistant director of education Murray Rose were travelling to Croydon with Mr Edwards to receive the award today.(10) But she already had a letter showing she had passed her probationary period, signed by her acting duty station manger.(11) It was originally said by administration officials that they would probably keep John McLaughlin on as the acting director at least through the election.(12) With no rewards in the writing, the cinematography, and dismal acting , that's asking way too much.(13) A police spokesman said he resigned on February 8 and that his number two, David Shefneux, head of finance, became acting finance director the next day.(14) Though born and brought up in a conservative Sikh family in Norway, she always had a dream of acting in a Bollywood film.(15) However, he will remain on leave until then, with college registrar Vincent McCarthy continuing as acting director until a new appointment is made.(16) Mr. Paulison, who is the acting director of FEMA, is with me.
(1) act :: Aja
(2) acting director :: diretor de atuação
(3) play-acting :: encenação
(4) way of acting :: modo de agir
(5) acting manager :: gerente em exercício
(6) self-acting :: auto-acting
(7) acting president :: presidente em exercício
(8) direct acting :: ação direta
(9) single-acting :: Agindo sozinho
1. temporary ::
2. interim ::
3. caretaker ::
4. pro tem ::
5. pro tempore ::
6. provisional ::
7. stopgap ::
8. deputy ::
9. stand-in ::
10. fill-in ::
11. pinch-hitting ::
12. drama ::
13. the theater ::
14. the stage ::
15. the performing arts ::
artes do espectáculo
17. dramatics ::
18. dramaturgy ::
19. stagecraft ::
21. treading the boards ::
pisar o palco
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, you're ACTING all weird,
and I'm pretty weird...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
I haven't gotten a single ACTING
job since I moved out here.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 1
Why were you ACTING so strange tonight?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
I was ACTING odd intentionally.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 12
He needs to start ACTING like a king.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 7
English to Portuguese Dictionary: acting
Meaning and definitions of acting, translation in Portuguese
language for acting with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of acting in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'acting'
What acting means in Portuguese, acting meaning
in Portuguese, acting
definition, examples and pronunciation
of acting in Portuguese language.