ás, craque, campeão, perito, ponto único, ninharia
Noun(1) the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number(2) one of four playing cards in a deck having a single pip on its face(3) someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field(4) proteolytic enzyme that converts angiotensin I into angiotensin II(5) a major strategic headquarters of NATO; safeguards an area extending from Norway to Turkey(6) a serve that the receiver is unable to reach
Verb(1) succeed at easily(2) score an ace against(3) play (a hole(4) serve an ace against (someone
Adjective(1) of the highest quality
(1) THE I-BAR sizzled with Salsa beats last weekend when ace Salsa dancers thrilled Bangalore's party circuit with the latest in Latino and Salsa rhythms.(2) It was his second ace following one at Fulford's fifth hole.(3) I just found out today that the man from Japan is coming to visit us over Christmas, this is ace news because we haven't seen him for a couple of years.(4) He provided the highlight on Saturday with an ace at the par three 2nd hole, his second ace in five weeks!(5) The ace photographer has decided to go beyond his lens-work and has started a production house.(6) Your opponent has only one card left and you know it is the ace of trumps.(7) He picked up his cards, finding the ace of diamonds he tossed it on the pile.(8) Lynn's cards are strong - she has the ace of diamonds, the ace and queen of clubs, the ace and king of hearts.(9) A peek into the world of an ace swimmer who had everything going for him until calamity came calling one day, it is the kind of brave cinema that has been making its presence felt in recent times.(10) All I wanna know is why this ace MC is wasting his time with a throwaway re-hash of every track about a shorty ever written.(11) He finished three of his first four service games with an ace .(12) The guy shows his cards and he had the ace of hearts, but like I said, my hand was unbeatable at that point.(13) It was my first ace , and I was so happy she was there to witness the shot.(14) His elder sister, a computer ace , spent second grade doing research on the Internet, delving into Greek myths and studying artists.(15) Goal ace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer kept Manchester United in the Premiership title race with a typical smash-and-grab at Filbert Street.(16) Prior to that, I was an active high school golfer, and I was about a 10-handicapper when I made my first ace at age 15.
(1) ace of spades :: ás de Espadas
(2) ace of hearts :: ás de Copas
(3) ace in the hole :: ás no buraco
(4) ace of diamonds :: Ás de diamantes
(5) flying ace :: ás da aviação
1. expert ::
2. virtuoso ::
5. excellent ::
7. sweep through ::
1. amateur ::
2. inexpert ::
ace, aced, aces, acing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
-And he’s an ACE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
We would have deactivated
the ACE up their sleeve.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
English to Portuguese Dictionary: ace
Meaning and definitions of ace, translation in Portuguese
language for ace with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ace in Portuguese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'ace'
What ace means in Portuguese, ace meaning
in Portuguese, ace
definition, examples and pronunciation
of ace in Portuguese language.